Post jam update
Once the jam was done, there were a few things I wanted to add to the game. Biggest issue with this was that I was out of tokens and had to do some heavy optimisation but with help from the pico-8 community this was achievable.
Mainly the game now features a way to get more health through rescuing the damsel. Another important details is that spiders now die from spikes, making them a bit more manageable. I was also able to fix a big chunk of bugs with the extra tokens left from the optimisation.
- a damsel can be saved for more health
- more tricky rooms
- more variation in background tiles
- game is now (slightly) easier in the beginning
- multiple code changes to simplify item management and save tokens
- spiders die when landing on spikes
- Bug fixes
- there can be multiple idol rooms
- some passages on the main paths are sometimes blocked
- auto tiling doesn't work on the bottom row on themap
- crates and damsels doesn't spawn
- arrow traps have trouble hitting entities right in front of them
- getting hit while hanging on a ledge results in strange behaviour
- the snake is not animated
- enemies keep moving after being killed
- bats animated incorrectly when reattaching to ceiling
- gold tiles are not auto tiled after explosions
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.